For Free Immigration Advice Call Now 0203 504 01 01 UK Immigration Solicitors 0161 876 55 18

Specialist, Professional & Affordable Immigration Solicitors

Indefinite Leave / British Citizenship

Indefinite leave to remain is often known as Settlement as well. This status which gives you complete freedom from immigration control. To be eligible for ILR you will need to have lived in the UK continuously and lawfully for a specified duration of time normally after 2 years, 5 years or 10 years depending on your status. You will become free from immigration control, work within the UK without restriction and enjoy all benefits a British citizen.

You can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK if you have been in the UK in the following categories.

  • Spouses/civil partners/unmarried partners
  • Dependent children
  • Elderly dependents
  • Tier 1 General
  • Tier 1 Entrepreneur
  • Tier 1 Investor
  • Tier 2 migrants
  • 10 Years of lawful residence in the UK
  • 20 Years of residence in the UK
  • Victims of Domestic Violence
  • Refugees


Becoming a British citizen is a life achievement. However some people makes their own application and a little mistakes not just get their applications rejected but cause them money and stress.

There are seven requirements you need to meet before you apply:

  • You must be aged 18 or over.
  • You must be of sound mind.
  • You must intend to continue living in the UK, or to continue in Crown service, the service of an international organisation of which the UK is a member, or the service of a company or association established in the UK.
  • You must be able to communicate in English, Welsh or Scottish Gaelic to an acceptable degree.
  • You must have sufficient knowledge of life in the UK.
  • You must be of good character.
  • You must meet the residential requirements
  • You are free from immigration control

It is important to note that should an individual with "ILR" remain absent from the UK for 2 consecutive years, the ILR status is likely to lapse.

Rights of Abode

If you are a British citizen or your parents are/were British or you have claim to right of abode through a different route.

We can apply for your right of abode in or out of the United Kingdom.

Right of abode gives you the same rights as settled person in the UK.

Registering a Child

Your children may have the right to become British citizens in a number of ways.

You have naturalized as a British citizen.

You have been granted Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK

You are a British citizen by descent and you have a child born abroad

Your children can be registered as British citizen before they reach the age of 18. To qualify for registration, and in some cases residential requirements have to be met.

Illegitimate Child

Until 1 July 2006 a child could not acquire British citizenship through his or her father if the parents were not married at the time of the birth. If the parents married after the birth, the child may now be considered legitimate.

A child born i the United Kingdom before 1 July 2006 can apply for registration as a British citizen.

How we will help you!

  • Discuss your case with you.
  • Advise you the best possible solutions.
  • Collect all the relevant documents together.
  • Prepare your Judicial Review application along with our submissions.
  • Submit your application to the relevant authority.
  • Communicate with the authority on your behalf until a decision is made.

Why us!

  • We deal with every case individually in detail.
  • We have a vast experience in immigration matters.
  • We give you expert and impartial advice.
  • We give you a dedicated lawyer.
  • We keep you updated about your case.
  • We fight for your right to the end.

Request A Free Call Back Form

Head Office: Manchester
623 Stretford Road, Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 0QA

UK Immigration Solicitors is the brand name of SABZ Solicitors LLP. The firm is regulated by Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA number 566543. Full list of Solicitors is available upon request.